Organic Brown Mekong Flower Rice
Serving Size: 1/4 cup (49 g)
Calories / Calories: 170
Fat / Lipide: 1.5 g2%
Saturated / saturés: 0.5 g3%
+ Trans / trans: 0 g
Cholesterol / Cholestérol: 0 mg
Sodium / Sodium: 0 mg0%
Carbohydrate / Glucides: 36 g12%
Fibre / Fibres: 2 g8%
Sugars / Sucres: 0 g
Protein / protéines: 5 g
Amount per Serving
Teneur par portion
% Daily Value
% valeur quotidienne
Vitamin A / Vitamine A: 0%
Vitamin C / Vitamine C: 0%
Calcium / Calcium: 0%
Iron / Fer: 4%
Ingredients: Organic brown mekong flower rice
Product Status: Certified Organic
Organic Certifying Body: Pro-Cert
Country of Origin: Cambodia
Warning: This product may contain sesame, soy, wheat and gluten.
Stir-Fried Rice with Pork Recipe
1/2 C green onion, sliced
1/2 C celery, diagonally sliced
2 C pork roast, diced
1 Tbl fresh garlic, finely minced
2 Tbl oil
3 C mekong flower brown rice, cooked and cold
1 C water chestnuts, canned, sliced
1/8 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt or hot salt
1 egg, slightly beaten
Pinch of hot pepper flakes or cayenne, to taste
2-3 Tbl soy sauce
1. Sauté onions, celery, and pork in oil until vegetables are tender crisp.
2. Add rice and water chestnuts. Combine pepper, salt, egg and soy sauce.
3. Stir into rice mixture. Cook, stirring 2 to 3 minutes or until heated.
4. Add cooked cocktail shrimp during last 5 minutes of cooking.
5. Stir in 1 small can or 1 cup of fresh bean sprouts during last 10 minutes of cooking.
6. Add 1 ½ cups of snow peas or sugar snap peas. Sauté with green onions.
7. Add 1/8 cup finely minced fresh ginger and a tablespoon of lemon juice. Serve over cooked Thai noodles.
1. Rinse 1 cup of rice thoroughly.
2. Combine rice and 1 ½ cups of water in a pot with a tight-fitting lid. Add a pinch of salt (optional).
3. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer gently for about 30 minutes.
4. Remove from heat. Let stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
5. Fluff with a fork and serve.
More of Mekong flower brown rice's floral aroma is kept by retaining the husk. By not losing its husk in the milling process, it also retains higher fibre and nutritional value. Notable nutrients found in this rice are manganese and selenium.