Organic Gourmet Muesli
About the Farmer
Left Coast Naturals
Left Coast Naturals is an organic food manufacturer and distributor based in Burnaby, BC distributing nearly 30 brands, 200 bulk foods, and two brands of their own - Hippie Foods and Left Coast Bulk Foods. Left Coast Naturals believes food grown and made right can make a difference, taking care to source ingredients from farmers and partners who support organic, a healthy planet, and healthy communities. They are the first distributor in North America with an official Non-GMO Policy for all of their products. As a certified B-Corp (Benefit Corporation), Left Coast Naturals strives to use business as a force for good in society.
Serving Size: 1/3 cup (50g)
Calories / Calories: 180
Fat / Lipide: 9 g13%
Saturated / saturés: 1.5 g7%
+ Trans / trans: 0 g
Cholesterol / Cholestérol: 0 mg
Sodium / Sodium: 0 mg0%
Carbohydrate / Glucides: 32 g11%
Fibre / Fibres: 6 g24%
Sugars / Sucres: 5 g
Protein / protéines: 8 g
Amount per Serving
Teneur par portion
% Daily Value
% valeur quotidienne
Vitamin A / Vitamine A: 0%
Vitamin C / Vitamine C: 0%
Calcium / Calcium: 4%
Iron / Fer: 20%
Ingredients: Organic 8 grain flakes (organic hard red wheat, organic hulled barley, organic rye, organic triticale, organic oat groats, organic spelt, organic kamut, organic soy), organic rolled oats, organic Thompson raisins, organic roasted almonds, organic cranberries (organic cranberries, organic sun flower oil, organic cane sugar), organic pumpkin seeds, organic sunflower seeds, organic roasted walnuts, organic wheat bran, organic coconut, organic cinnamon and organic vanilla
Origin of Ingredients: Domestic and Imported Ingredients
Product Status: Certified Organic
Organic Certifying Body: Pro-Cert
Made In: Canada
Warning: This product may contain sesame, milk, soy, wheat, gluten, and tree nuts.
Crunchy Apple and Blackberry Crumble Recipe
900 g Bramley apples
1 ½ C blackberries
3/4 C Demerara sugar
1 C plain flour
3/4 C butter
1/4 C Demerara sugar
1/2 C muesli
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
2. Peel, core and chop the apples into small chunks. Cut the lemons in half and squeeze the juice over the apple and mix well. This not only adds flavour but prevents the freshly peeled apples from discolouring.
3. Layer the apples, blackberries, and sugar in a large pie dish (a lasagne dish is ideal).
4. Place the flour in a large bowl and then rub in the butter until it resembles breadcrumbs. Leave a few lumps of butter so that the topping is not too fine. Add the muesli or oat/seed/nut mixture and the sugar and mix through.
5. Use a spoon to sprinkle the crumble topping evenly over the fruit. Bake for 45 minutes or until the fruit is cooked and bubbling juices seep through the topping.
6. Cool for a few minutes and then serve with custard or fresh cream.
Muesli was created by a Swiss physician named Maximilian Bircher Benner in the early 20th century. In this cereal, he combined uncooked rolled oats, nuts and fruits, as he believed that a diet rich in fresh fruits and vegetables would aid the recovery of his patients.