Organic Kamut Flakes
Serving Size: 1/3 cup (40 g)
Calories / Calories: 150
Fat / Lipide: 1 g3%
Saturated / saturés: 0.1 g1%
+ Trans / trans: 0 g
Cholesterol / Cholestérol: 0 mg
Sodium / Sodium: 0 mg0%
Carbohydrate / Glucides: 29 g10%
Fibre / Fibres: 8 g30%
Sugars / Sucres: 1 g
Protein / protéines: 6 g
Amount per Serving
Teneur par portion
% Daily Value
% valeur quotidienne
Vitamin A / Vitamine A: 0%
Vitamin C / Vitamine C: 0%
Calcium / Calcium: 0%
Iron / Fer: 8%
Ingredients: Organic kamut flakes
Product Status: Certified Organic
Organic Certifying Body: Pro-Cert
Country of Origin: USA
Warning: Contains wheat and gluten.
Dried Apricot and Kamut Granola Recipe
3 C rolled kamut flakes
3/4 C walnuts, coarsely chopped
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/4 C light agave nectar
1/4 C vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 C small-dice dried apricots
1. Heat the oven to 300°F and arrange a rack in the middle.
2. Place the kamut, walnuts, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
3. Place the agave, oil, and vanilla in a small bowl and stir to combine. Drizzle over the kamut mixture and mix until the kamut is thoroughly coated and there are no clumps.
4. Spread the mixture in a thin, even layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.
5. Transfer the granola to a large heat-proof bowl, add the apricots, and stir to combine. Let cool completely. The granola will become crisp as it cools. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Kamut is an ancient grain and is the cousin of durum wheat. However, kamut is said to have greater nutritional value, being higher in protein, amino acids, minerals, and vitamins. Their whole kernels are known as berries.