Organic Green Peas - Whole
Serving Size: 1/2 cup (100 g)
Calories / Calories: 340
Fat / Lipide: 1 g2%
Saturated / saturés: 0.2 g1%
+ Trans / trans: 0
Cholesterol / Cholestérol: 0
Sodium / Sodium: 15 mg1%
Carbohydrate / Glucides: 6020%
Fibre / Fibres: 26 g100%
Sugars / Sucres: 8 g
Protein / protéines: 25 g
Amount per Serving
Teneur par portion
% Daily Value
% valeur quotidienne
Vitamin A / Vitamine A: 0%
Vitamin C / Vitamine C: 4%
Calcium / Calcium: 6%
Iron / Fer: 30%
Ingredients: Organic green peas.
Product Status: Organic
Organic Certifying Body: Pro-Cert
Country of Origin: Canada
Green Pea Hummus
1 lb frozen baby sweet peas, thawed
1/4 C extra-virgin olive oil 1 garlic clove, grated on microplane or pressed
2 Tbl juice from one lemon
Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
1. Set aside 1/4 cup peas for garnish. Place remaining peas, olive oil, garlic, and lemon juice into the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth puree is formed for 30 seconds.
2. Pour hummus into a serving dish.
3.Sprinkle remaining whole peas and drizzle with additional extra-virgin olive oil. Serve with a crostini.
1. Let peas soak overnight in refrigerator for 12 hours.
2. Combine pre-soaked pea with water, 1 tsp of oil (to prevent foaming) and desired seasonings in a heavy saucepan. Use a large enough saucepan, as the peas double or triple in volume when cooked.
4. Bring to a boil, cover tightly, reduce heat, and simmer until they are tender but not mushy.
5. Simmer peas slowly and gradually as cooking too quickly may split the seed coatings.
Peas are a legume and they grow best in cool weather. They are a good source of fibre, carbohydrates, and provide some protein. Pea plants are famously used in Gregor Mendel’s (often considered the father of modern genetics) experiments to explain the rules of heredity.