Organic Green Sprouted Lentils
Serving Size: 1/4 cup (40 g)
Calories / Calories: 140
Fat / Lipide: 1 g1%
Saturated / saturés: 0 g0%
+ Trans / trans: 0 g
Cholesterol / Cholestérol: 0 mg
Sodium / Sodium: 10 mg0%
Carbohydrate / Glucides: 25 g8%
Fibre / Fibres: 7 g28%
Sugars / Sucres: 1 g
Protein / protéines: 10 g
Amount per Serving
Teneur par portion
% Daily Value
% valeur quotidienne
Vitamin A / Vitamine A: 0%
Vitamin C / Vitamine C: 8%
Calcium / Calcium: 4%
Iron / Fer: 20%
Ingredients: Organic green sprouted lentils
Product Status: Certified Organic
Organic Certifying Body: Pro-Cert
Country of Origin: USA
Lentil Salad Recipe
1 lb green sprouted lentils
5 C water or broth
2 tsp salt
4 Tbl olive oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 to 2 ribs celery, finely diced
1/2 C green pepper or pimiento, chopped
1/2 C olive oil
2 Tbl wine vinegar
2/3 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
1. Boil 1 lb lentils in 5 cups of water or broth with 2 teaspoons of salt.
2. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer covered tightly for 28 minutes.
3. The lentils should be tender, but still firm.
4. Drain, toss with 4 tablespoons of olive oil, let cool. Add 1 large chopped onion, 1-2 ribs of celery, and 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper or pimiento.
5. Make a vinaigrette with 1/2 cup of olive oil, 2 tablespoons of wine vinegar, 2/3 teaspoon of pepper or, 1 teaspoon salt. Pour over and toss well.
Sprouted lentils only need to be lightly cooked before consumption.
1. Rinse sprouts in a strainer under cold water.
2. Blanch the sprouts in boiling water for 5 minutes.
The lentil is a member of the legume family. It is known for its lens-shaped seeds that grow two seeds to a pod. Lentils have been a food source since aceramic Neolithic times, being one of the earliest domesticated crops in the Near East. They come in colour varieties of green, reddish orange, yellow, brown, and black. The benefit of eating sprouted lentils is that they, unlike regular lentils, are not deficient in the essential amino acids methionine and cysteine.