Organic Sunflower Seeds - Raw
Serving Size: 1/4 cup (30 g)
Calories / Calories: 180
Fat / Lipide: 15 g24%
Saturated / saturés: 1.5 g7%
+ Trans / trans: 0 g
Cholesterol / Cholestérol: 0 mg
Sodium / Sodium: 3 mg0%
Carbohydrate / Glucides: 6 g2%
Fibre / Fibres: 3 g10%
Sugars / Sucres: 1 g
Protein / protéines: 6 g
Amount per Serving
Teneur par portion
% Daily Value
% valeur quotidienne
Vitamin A / Vitamine A: 0%
Vitamin C / Vitamine C: 0%
Calcium / Calcium: 2%
Iron / Fer: 10%
Ingredients: Organic sunflower seeds
Product Status: Certified Organic
Organic Certifying Body: Pro-Cert
Country of Origin: USA
Sunflower Seed Crusted Lamb Loin Recipe
2 well-trimmed boneless lamb loins (3/4 lb each)
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 large egg white, lightly beaten
1 C raw sunflower seeds (3 ½ oz), finely chopped
1 Tbl all-purpose flour
2 Tbl pure olive oil
Lavender balsamic vinaigrette
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Season the lamb with salt and pepper and brush lightly with the egg white.
3. On a dinner plate, toss the sunflower seeds with the flour. Roll the lamb loins in the seeds until evenly and thoroughly coated.
4. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add the lamb and cook over moderately high heat, turning with a spatula, until the sunflower seed crust is browned all over, about 2 minutes.
5. Transfer the lamb to a baking sheet and roast for about 7 minutes (for medium rare).
6. Carve each loin into 12 slices. Arrange 3 lamb medallions on each of 8 warmed dinner plates. Drizzle some lavender balsamic vinaigrette around the lamb and serve at once.
Sunflower seeds are indigenous to North America and were consumed by native peoples, raw or roasted. However, sunflower seeds were first commercially grown in Russia, then brought back to North America to be grown as a cultivated crop.