Organic Black Mission Figs
Serving Size: 5 figs (40 g)
Calories / Calories: 110
Fat / Lipide: 0 g0%
Saturated / saturés: 0 g0%
+ Trans / trans: 0 g
Cholesterol / Cholestérol: 0 mg
Sodium / Sodium: 5 mg0%
Carbohydrate / Glucides: 26 g9%
Fibre / Fibres: 5 g20%
Sugars / Sucres: 20 g
Protein / protéines: 1 g
Amount per Serving
Teneur par portion
% Daily Value
% valeur quotidienne
Vitamin A / Vitamine A: 2%
Vitamin C / Vitamine C: 2%
Calcium / Calcium: 6%
Iron / Fer: 6%
Ingredients: Organic black Mission figs
Product Status: Certified Organic
Organic Certifying Body: Pro-Cert
Country of Origin: USA
Warning: This product may contain sulphites.
Ported Stuffed Figs Recipe
2 C black mission figs, dried
1/2 C port wine
1/4 C ricotta cheese
1 C whole almonds
1. Cover figs with water in a saucepan.
2. Bring to boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Drain; place figs in small bowl along with port.
4. Cover and chill overnight.
5. Drain. Remove stems; slice figs partially through in an "X" pattern.
6. Fill with small spoonfuls of ricotta cheese.
7. Top with a whole almond, pressed halfway into cheese.
The black mission fig received its name from the occasion of Franciscan monks bringing the fruit to California in the mid 1700s. They are deep purple in hue, but turn black when dried. For people trying to reduce their fat intake, figs are an appropriate staple as they do not contain fat yet provide fibre and a wide variety of nutrients.