Organic Brown Basmati Rice
Serving Size: 1/4 cup (45 g)
Calories / Calories: 150
Fat / Lipide: 1.5 g2%
Saturated / saturés: 0.4 g2%
+ Trans / trans: 0 g
Cholesterol / Cholestérol: 0 mg
Sodium / Sodium: 3 mg0%
Carbohydrate / Glucides: 33 g11%
Fibre / Fibres: 2 g8%
Sugars / Sucres: 1 g
Protein / protéines: 4 g
Amount per Serving
Teneur par portion
% Daily Value
% valeur quotidienne
Vitamin A / Vitamine A: 0%
Vitamin C / Vitamine C: 0%
Calcium / Calcium: 0%
Iron / Fer: 4%
Ingredients: Organic brown basmati rice.
Product Status: Certified Organic
Organic Certifying Body: Pro-Cert
Country of Origin: USA
Herbed Basmati Rice Recipe
1 tsp olive oil
1 cup uncooked brown basmati rice
1 garlic clove, minced 1 cup water
1 cup fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup green onions, chopped
1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
3 tablespoons fresh
Parmesan cheese, grated
1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Cooking spray Instructions:
1. Heat olive oil in a medium skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add rice and garlic to pan; sauté 2 minutes or until rice is lightly toasted.
2. Add 1 cup water, broth, and salt to pan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
3. Remove from heat; let stand 5 minutes. Stir in onions, nuts, Parmesan cheese, basil, thyme, and pepper.
1. Wash the brown rice well before cooking.
2. For a nuttier flavour, roast the brown rice in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Roasted brown rice will need less time to cook.
3. Put the rice and water in a pot. Season with salt to taste. Set heat to high and bring to a boil, uncovered. Once it comes to a boil, reduce the heat to low.
4. Cover the pot with a lid wrapped in a kitchen towel to absorb the excess liquid. Simmer on low for 35-45 minutes.
5. Turn off the heat and let the rice sit in the covered pot for 10-20 minutes.
6. Drizzle a little oil into the rice and fluff with a fork.
Brown basmati rice has the highest amino acid and essential nutrient content of all rice varieties. Brown basmati rice is a healthy grain selection as it does not contain fat, cholesterol, sodium, or gluten. It provides fibre, carbohydrates, B vitamins, and protein.