Organic Short Grain Brown Rice
Serving Size: 1/4 cup (45 g)
Calories / Calories: 150
Fat / Lipide: 1.5 g2%
Saturated / saturés: 0.3 g2%
+ Trans / trans: 0 g
Cholesterol / Cholestérol: 0 mg
Sodium / Sodium: 4 mg0%
Carbohydrate / Glucides: 35 g12%
Fibre / Fibres: 3 g10%
Sugars / Sucres: 1 g
Protein / protéines: 3 g
Amount per Serving
Teneur par portion
% Daily Value
% valeur quotidienne
Vitamin A / Vitamine A: 0%
Vitamin C / Vitamine C: 0%
Calcium / Calcium: 0%
Iron / Fer: 4%
Ingredients: Organic short grain brown rice.
Product Status: Certified Organic
Organic Certifying Body: Pro-Cert
Country of Origin: USA
Broccoli and Brown Rice Skillet Recipe
1 skinless, boneless chicken breast, diced
1/2 tsp garlic, minced
1 ½ C salt-free chicken broth
1 small head of broccoli, broken into florets
1 red pepper, cut into thin strips
1 yellow squash, sliced thin
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 1/2 C short grain brown rice, dry
2 Tbl Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
1. In a deep skillet, heat chicken, garlic, broth, broccoli, red pepper and squash to boiling.
2. Stir in pepper and brown rice, and reduce heat to a simmer.
3. Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top and serve.
1. Boil 2 cups of water and pinch of salt.
2. Add 1 cup of rice.
3. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 50 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and let sit, covered, for 10 minutes.
5. Fluff with a fork and serve.
Short grain brown rice is similar in nutrition to long grain brown rice. Aside from the grain being shorter, wider, and its ends rounder, a major difference is that short grain brown rice tends to be stickier when cooked. This is due to their different levels of amylopectin and amylose. Short grain brown rice has higher levels of amylopectin and lower levels of amylose than its long grain counterpart.