Organic Jade Pearl Rice
About the Farmer
Lotus Foods is a certified B Corp (Benefit Corporation) meaning they are committed to using their business for social and environmental change. Their "More Crop Per Drop" program helps small scale farmers to double or triple their yield while using 80-90% less seed and 50% less water.
Serving Size: 1/4 cup (45 g)
Calories / Calories: 160
Fat / Lipide: 0 g0%
Saturated / saturés: 0 g0%
+ Trans / trans: 0 g
Cholesterol / Cholestérol: 0 mg
Sodium / Sodium: 0 mg0%
Carbohydrate / Glucides: 36 g12%
Fibre / Fibres: 0 g0%
Sugars / Sucres: 0 g
Protein / protéines: 3 g
Amount per Serving
Teneur par portion
% Daily Value
% valeur quotidienne
Vitamin A / Vitamine A: 0%
Vitamin C / Vitamine C: 0%
Calcium / Calcium: 0%
Iron / Fer: 2%
Ingredients: Organic rice and wildcrafted bamboo extract
Product Status: Certified Organic
Organic Certifying Body: Pro-Cert
Country of Origin: China
Warning: This product may contain wheat and gluten.
Marinated Shrimp Kabobs Recipe
1 lb fresh shrimp
1 C unsweetened pineapple chunks, undrained
2 Tbl sesame oil
2 Tbl soy sauce
1/4 tsp white pepper
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp ground ginger
6 pearl onions
6 cherry tomatoes
1 green pepper, 1 inch pieces
Hot cooked jade pearl rice
1. Put and devein shrimp, leaving tails on. Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
2. Combine pineapple juice and next 5 ingredients in shallow dish. Mix well. Add shrimp and toss. Marinate in refrigerator at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
3. Cook onions in boiling water to cover 4-5 minutes or just until crisp tender and drain. Put all on kabobs alternating vegetables and shrimp.
4. Broil 4-5 inches from heat 2-3 minutes on each side, basting frequently. Serves 6.
1. Rinse 1 cup of rice.
2. Boil 1 ½ cups of water. Add rice.Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Keep lid on during cooking time.
3. Remove from heat and let sit, covered, for 10 minutes.
4. Fluff with a fork and serve.
Jade pearl rice is rice that has been pearled (had its bran gently polished off to expose the kernel) and infused with bamboo extract. The bamboo extract gives the rice its aesthetically pleasing jade, or green, colour and additional flavour notes.