Organic Pistachios - Roasted and Salted
Serving Size: 1/2 cup (50 g)
Calories / Calories: 300
Fat / Lipide: 23 g36%
Saturated / saturés: 2.5 g13%
+ Trans / trans: 0 g
Cholesterol / Cholestérol: 0 mg
Sodium / Sodium: 290 mg12%
Carbohydrate / Glucides: 16 g5%
Fibre / Fibres: 5 g21%
Sugars / Sucres: 5 g
Protein / protéines: 11 g
Amount per Serving
Teneur par portion
% Daily Value
% valeur quotidienne
Vitamin A / Vitamine A: 0%
Vitamin C / Vitamine C: 0%
Calcium / Calcium: 6%
Iron / Fer: 15%
Ingredients: Organic pistachios and sea salt
Product Status: Certified Organic
Organic Certifying Body: Pro-Cert
Country of Origin: USA
Kale Salad with Pistachios and Apples Recipe
1 bunch of Dinosaur or Lacinato kale
1 lemon, juiced
1 Tbl extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp sesame oil
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 ½ tsp honey or agave
1/4 tsp salt
1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and diced
1/4 C pistachio kernels, roasted and salted
1. Wash and dry kale. Remove stems with a sharp knife or by tearing. Cut or tear leaves into large, bite-sized pieces and place in a large bowl.
2. In a small bowl or shaker bottle, combine lemon juice, oils, mustard, honey or agave and salt. Whisk or shake until fully combined.
3. Pour dressing over kale and massage it into the leaves of kale for 2-3 minutes. Refrigerate and allow kale to soften for several more minutes.
4. Meanwhile, prepare apple by peeling and dicing, and pistachios.
5. Add diced apples to the kale and toss. Plate each serving and top with remaining pistachios.
Pistachios are indigenous to the Middle East. The nut is the single seed stone fruit of the pistachio (pistacia vera) tree They have a long shelf life, and provide other benefits such as reducing cholesterol, and providing antioxidants.