Organic Green Split Peas
Serving Size: 1/2 cup (100 g)
Calories / Calories: 340
Fat / Lipide: 1 g2%
Saturated / saturés: 0.2 g1%
+ Trans / trans: 0 g
Cholesterol / Cholestérol: 0 mg
Sodium / Sodium: 15 mg1%
Carbohydrate / Glucides: 60 g20%
Fibre / Fibres: 26 g100%
Sugars / Sucres: 8 g
Protein / protéines: 25 g
Amount per Serving
Teneur par portion
% Daily Value
% valeur quotidienne
Vitamin A / Vitamine A: 0%
Vitamin C / Vitamine C: 4%
Calcium / Calcium: 6%
Iron / Fer: 30%
Ingredients: Organic green split peas
Product Status: Certified Organic
Organic Certifying Body: Pro-Cert
Country of Origin: USA
Warning: This product may contain sesame, soy, wheat and gluten.
Split Pea Soup Recipe
1 Tbl olive oil
2 C onion, chopped
2 C carrot, chopped
2 C celery, finely chopped
1/2 Tbl garlic, minced
1 C yellow split peas
1 C green peas split
8 C fat-free chicken broth
1 1/2 tsp salt-free seasoning blend
1 tsp salt
1. In a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat, heat olive oil.
2. Cook onion, carrot, celery and garlic until onion is translucent.
3. Stir in yellow and green split peas, broth, seasoning and salt.
4. Cover, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 2 1/2 hours, stirring frequently.
5. purée with a blender or food processor. Return to pot, heat through, and serve.
1. Examine the peas and remove any debris.
2. Place 1 cup of peas and 3 cups of water into a 2-quart cooking pot and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 30-40 minutes, covered. The peas should be tender. 4. Remove from heat and season to taste.
Split peas are high in dietary fibre and protein, and have a low glycemic index value. Splitting the peas decreases cooking time, and is said to give them a softer texture and a slightly sweeter taste. They come in yellow and green varieties.