Pear, Cherry and Apricot Crisp
1½ C flour
1 C sugar
3/4 C rolled oats
16 Tbl unsalted butter, cubed and chilled
7 pears, peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch pieces
3 clementines or small navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
1 C dried cherries
1 C dried apricots, halved
1/2 C orange juice
1/2 lemon, juiced
1/2 C sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 C flour
Butter for the ramekins
1. Up to four days ahead: in an electric mixer fitted with a paddle, combine all the topping ingredients and mix on low speed until large crumbs form and just begin to turn pale yellow.
2. Refrigerate or freeze in an airtight container
3. One day ahead: heat the oven to 375°F. In a large bowl, mix the pears, clementines, dried cherries, dried apricots, orange juice, lemon juice, sugar, and cinnamon.
4. Sprinkle in the flour and mix well with a rubber spatula. Let stand for 10 minutes.
5. Lightly grease 12 ramekins (about 1-cup capacity) with butter. Divide the fruit mixture among the ramekins and generously sprinkle the topping to cover the fruit.
6. Put the ramekins on 1 large or 2 small baking sheets. Bake until the topping is golden brown and the filling is bubbling slightly, 40-45 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave at room temperature. On the day of serving
Reheat the crisps at 300°F until hot, about 20 min. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla or ginger ice cream.