Work with Us
At our core we’re Good People providing Good Food. We care about relationships. We do what we say we're going to do. We're colourful and positive. We seek opportunities and are committed to whole picture thinking. Sounds pretty good? We think so too.
We've worked hard to build our culture and are proud of it. We’re also a certified B Corp and recognized as one of Canada’s Top Medium Sized Employers. Oh, and we’ve won a few awards including: Business in Vancouver’s Fastest Growing Companies (Top 100), Profit Magazine’s Fastest Growing Companies (Top 500), City of Burnaby’s Sustainability Award and The Canadian Health Food Association’s Sustainability Award.
Why Work with Left Coast Naturals?
Our values are exemplified by the range of employee benefits we offer which include:
- Life Balance and Vacation Benefits including flexible works schedules, retirement transition program, flex days for personal use and paid time off between Christmas and New Year’s.
- Extended Health Benefits
- RRSP Matching Program
- Performance Bonuses
- Paid Community Service Days
- Environmental Cash Incentives for cycling or walking to work, taking public transportation, carpooling, buying organic groceries, making environmental improvements to households, buying a bicycle and car co-op membership, etc.
- Training and Professional Development
- Purchase Discounts and Samples
- Massage - complimentary on-site monthly massage
- Weekly group circuit training/boot camp in our on-site gym
- Healthy organic breakfast program
- Company Sponsored Social Activities
Customer Service Representative and Sales Assistant
The CSR/ Sales Assistant is responsible for working within the Sales Team in a role that equally balances providing exceptional customer service through our order desk while working behind the scenes to set our sales team up for success. This role is focused on building strong customer relations and upholding the core values of the organization and will be responsible for Customer Service tasks, including high volume data entry, when needed.
- Problem solving attitude, logical approach to overcoming challenges and developing solutions
- Likes people, building relationships
- Embraces the need to follow policy while still delivering an excellent customer experience
- Excellent, professional communicator (in English, written and oral)
- Good listener; takes the time to truly understand customer/internal concerns, turning an unhappy customer into an LCN advocate/promoter
- Natural telephone sales person
- Loves to learn and learns quickly
- Detail oriented; hates making mistakes and learns from them
- Experienced in Excel including formulas and pivot tables.
Reports to: Inside Sales Manager and National Sales Manager
- Ensures consistent accurate and on time delivery;
- Invoices customer orders;
- EDI subject matter expert
- Order Entry subject matter expert
- Maintains current customer information in ERP system
- Assist with new customer setups
- Ensures internal policies are followed (margin checks on customer orders, minimum order size followed and/or upsold, upselling process, customer complaint tracking/resolution/prevention, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
- Assist Key Account Manager with updating and maintaining the key account listing and pricing.
- Work within a team to create monthly specials newsletters and email out to distribution list.
- Maintain sales tools for team, including managing the sample process
- Manage a variety of reports and workbooks for Sales team
- Create and issue monthly special sheets. Maintain email distribution list for specials
- Complete monthly MCB reconciliation reports and issue to vendors
- Complete all required reports and documentation for MCBs
- Work with the Brand Manager to plan and execute our presence at conferences as required.
- Time off tracking – every Friday (weekly)
- Career Plan Tracking – monthly check in with manager.
- Office supplies order – weekly
- Spud order – weekly.
- Post-secondary education or previous experience of at least 3 years in a fast-paced customer service environment, preferably in the food industry
- Experience with bookkeeping, order entry, or similar role that requires a high attention to detail
- Experience working within tight cut-offs and deadlines
- Excellent team player that is able to set priorities and work in a team as well as independently
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent customer service skills with willingness to do what it takes
- Strong computer skills (ERP systems, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have experience providing top notch internal and/or external customer service whether you have put yourself through school working in a high volume restaurant environment or perhaps in an inside sales role or similar customer service position. Regardless of where you honed your skills, you take pride in representing a strong company and providing a level of customer service that ensures that "they keep coming back!"
- You enjoy selling and building relationships with customers by taking the time to understand their needs and providing options.
- You truly value a healthy lifestyle, embrace a "green" philosophy and take seriously your part in doing right by the earth!
- You have keen attention to detail and prevent errors before they become customer issues
- You are always looking for ways to improve processes and are confident enough to bring your ideas to the team
- You know what it means to be a part of a team and are willing and ready to assist others when asked (and you are not too proud to ask for help when you get bogged down)
- Your command of the English language in both spoken and written form is top notch!
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications (Outlook, Excel, Word) is a must have
- You have the ability to multi-task and know what the top priority is at any time
- An understanding of EDI would be an asset but is not mandatory
- You have an upbeat can-do personality and add boundless positive energy to the workplace
To submit a cover letter and resume for this opening, please apply here. Due to the volume of responses, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. We thank all those who apply.
- Accurately pick items from warehouse rack locations to fulfill Customer Orders
- Notify Warehouse Team Lead for items in incorrect rack locations so that system can be updated
- Maintain warehouse in a clean and orderly manner - empty garbage, sweeps aisles and stage shipping area daily as required
- Follow company policies and procedures
- Follows all safety procedures to ensure a safe working environment while on the job for yourself and your fellow employees
- Provide a professional environment in relation to fellow team members, other department members and external customers
- Perform other duties as assigned by Team Lead or Operations Manager
- High school diploma
- 3 months to 1 year experience in a warehouse environment required
- Current or expired motorized pallet jack license
- Basic math skills
Reliable, dependable and demonstrates the ability to follow directions
- Able to read, write, and speak English fluently
- Able to work in a team setting, in a positive manner, as well as alone
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs on a regular basis, 50 lbs sporadically
- Able to multitask
Good organizational skills
- Flexible to work overtime and or weekends when required
- Able to work in a busy environment and at a quick pace
This position reports directly to the Operations Manager. To submit a cover letter and resume for this opening, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume stating your wage expectations.
Are you a label reader? Do you care about Non-GMO, organic and high quality food products? Do you like to know the story behind your food? We are looking for an enthusiastic, sustainable minded and health conscious individual to represent Hippie Snacks as well as the other Left Coast Naturals brands at various locations across Western Canada as independent contractors. This is a fun and flexible part time opportunity.
Note: We are currently looking for Brand Ambassadors in the Victoria, Whistler, Squamish, Kelowna, Calgary and Toronto regions.
- Sample various LCN products at retail locations
- Be an expert on the products, industry standards and brands
- Actively engage customers with products and information
- Achieve sales goals and targets
- Fill out demo reports and invoices
- Pick up/order demo supplies and material
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demo or sales experience
- Food Safe Certificate & proof of Hep A vaccination
- Flexible schedule and availability to work evenings/weekends
- Flexible and committed to complete online training/readings
- Available to demo on a regular basis
- Computer literate; able to input sales into excel
- Nutrition Certification, Certified Holistic Nutritionist or Health Educator a huge bonus
- An interest in wellness and natural lifestyle is a plus
- Willing to demo hot food as well as products containing gluten, peanuts, tree nuts and gluten
To submit a cover letter and resume for this opening, please email email@example.com. Due to the volume of responses, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. We thank all those who apply.
We're always interested in hearing from good people. Feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Left Coast Naturals has been named one of Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers. This competition recognizes small and medium enterprises that lead the nation in creating exceptional workplaces with forward-thinking human resource policies.
Learn more about why we were chosen.