Work with Us
At our core we’re Good People providing Good Food. We care about relationships. We do what we say we're going to do. We're colourful and positive. We seek opportunities and are committed to whole picture thinking. Sounds pretty good? We think so too.
We've worked hard to build our culture and are proud of it. We’re also a certified B Corp and recognized as one of Canada’s Top Medium Sized Employers. Oh, and we’ve won a few awards including: Business in Vancouver’s Fastest Growing Companies (Top 100), Profit Magazine’s Fastest Growing Companies (Top 500), City of Burnaby’s Sustainability Award and The Canadian Health Food Association’s Sustainability Award.
Why Work with Left Coast Naturals?
Our values are exemplified by the range of employee benefits we offer which include:
- Life Balance and Vacation Benefits including flexible works schedules, retirement transition program, flex days for personal use and paid time off between Christmas and New Year’s.
- Extended Health Benefits
- RRSP Matching Program
- Performance Bonuses
- Paid Community Service Days
- Environmental Cash Incentives for cycling or walking to work, taking public transportation, carpooling, buying organic groceries, making environmental improvements to households, buying a bicycle and car co-op membership, etc.
- Training and Professional Development
- Purchase Discounts and Samples
- Massage - complimentary on-site monthly massage
- Weekly group circuit training/boot camp in our on-site gym
- Healthy organic breakfast program
- Company Sponsored Social Activities
Sales Representative Alberta and Saskatchewan
Responsible for achieving sales targets, sales growth through new listings and the acquisition of new accounts and customer call cycles within an assigned geographical territory by selling and promoting Left Coast Natural’s products and services. Building and maintianing strong customer relationships and upholding the core values of the organization.
Reports to: National Sales Manager
- Present, close and sell company products and services to current and potential customers, both at head office and at store level, through a combination of fact-based and relationship-based selling.
- Hit monthly sales targets through preparation and execution of action plans to meet said targets.
- Sell distribution, merchandising (promotions and ads), shelving, display, demos and pricing recommendations to current and potential customers.
- Perform periodic audits to ensure distribution, shelving and displays meet company objectives.
- Periodically assists in shelf resets and new store openings (for bulk bins) based on customer needs.
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints
- Coordinates sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics and customer service
- Demonstrate products and services to existing/potential customers and assists them in selecting those best suited to their needs
- Prepare a variety of status reports, including daily activity, call cycle, follow-up, and adherence to goals
- Communicate new product opportunities, special developments, information, feedback, competitive activities gathered in the field to appropriate company staff
- Participates in trade shows and conventions
- Develop and implement special sales activities to help improve sell-through or clear-outs.
- Completes management requests accurately and in a timely manor
- Assists Finance for collection of payment
- Ensure all necessary administrative tasks (new account set-up, expenses, credit claims etc.) are completed accurately and in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintain regular customer call cycles as identified by the manager with daily objectives for each call.
- Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with current customers, both at head office and at store level, and prospective customers.
- Create and manage a customer information document for existing customers highlighting profile, share and opportunities
- Follows up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity
- Analyzes the territory/market’s potential and determines the value of existing and prospective customers value to the organization
- Plans and organizes personal sales strategy to maximize time management within the territory
- Provides management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services within the territory
- Education: post-secondary education preferably a degree in marketing/sales
- You enjoy selling and building relationships with customers by taking the time to understand their needs and providing options.
- Experience: at least five years in a key account management or sales representative position in the grocery industry, ideally within the Health Food segment
- Able to work remotely, independently and within a team environment
- Proven ability to grow revenues in the territory and maintain margins
- Proven ability to develop regional and account plans and meet or exceed expectations against them
- Excellent customer relations skills with a can do attitude
- Ability to prioritize territory needs
- Strong time management skills, good organization and ability to handle administrative requirements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent sales and marketing skills with proven follow through
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Valid Class 5 driver’s licence with a clean driver abstract
- Access to a vehicle appropriate for the role
Salary, commissions and bonus incentive. Pay range will depend on experience. This position reports directly to the National Sales Manager. Please submit a cover letter and resume stating your salary expectations for this opportunity. Due to the volume of responses, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. We are committed to diversity and are an Equal Opportunity employer. We thank all those who apply.
To submit a cover letter and resume for this opening, please apply here. Due to the volume of responses, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. We thank all those who apply.
- Accurately pick items from warehouse rack locations to fulfill Customer Orders
- Notify Warehouse Team Lead for items in incorrect rack locations so that system can be updated
- Maintain warehouse in a clean and orderly manner - empty garbage, sweeps aisles and stage shipping area daily as required
- Follow company policies and procedures
- Follows all safety procedures to ensure a safe working environment while on the job for yourself and your fellow employees
- Provide a professional environment in relation to fellow team members, other department members and external customers
- Perform other duties as assigned by Team Lead or Operations Manager
- High school diploma
- 3 months to 1 year experience in a warehouse environment required
- Current or expired motorized pallet jack license
- Basic math skills
Reliable, dependable and demonstrates the ability to follow directions
- Able to read, write, and speak English fluently
- Able to work in a team setting, in a positive manner, as well as alone
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs on a regular basis, 50 lbs sporadically
- Able to multitask
Good organizational skills
- Flexible to work overtime and or weekends when required
- Able to work in a busy environment and at a quick pace
This position reports directly to the Operations Manager. To submit a cover letter and resume for this opening, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and resume stating your wage expectations.
Are you a label reader? Do you care about Non-GMO, organic and high quality food products? Do you like to know the story behind your food? We are looking for an enthusiastic, sustainable minded and health conscious individual to represent Hippie Snacks as well as the other Left Coast Naturals brands at various locations across Western Canada as independent contractors. This is a fun and flexible part time opportunity.
Note: We are currently looking for Brand Ambassadors in the Victoria, Whistler, Squamish, Kelowna, Calgary and Toronto regions.
- Sample various LCN products at retail locations
- Be an expert on the products, industry standards and brands
- Actively engage customers with products and information
- Achieve sales goals and targets
- Fill out demo reports and invoices
- Pick up/order demo supplies and material
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demo or sales experience
- Food Safe Certificate & proof of Hep A vaccination
- Flexible schedule and availability to work evenings/weekends
- Flexible and committed to complete online training/readings
- Available to demo on a regular basis
- Computer literate; able to input sales into excel
- Nutrition Certification, Certified Holistic Nutritionist or Health Educator a huge bonus
- An interest in wellness and natural lifestyle is a plus
- Willing to demo hot food as well as products containing gluten, peanuts, tree nuts and gluten
To submit a cover letter and resume for this opening, please email email@example.com. Due to the volume of responses, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. We thank all those who apply.
We're always interested in hearing from good people. Feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Left Coast Naturals has been named one of Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers. This competition recognizes small and medium enterprises that lead the nation in creating exceptional workplaces with forward-thinking human resource policies.
Learn more about why we were chosen.