Work with Us
At our core we’re Good People providing Good Food. We care about relationships. We do what we say we're going to do. We're colourful and positive. We seek opportunities and are committed to whole picture thinking. Sounds pretty good? We think so too.
We've worked hard to build our culture and are proud of it. We’re also a certified B Corp and recognized as one of Canada’s Top Medium Sized Employers. Oh, and we’ve won a few awards including: Business in Vancouver’s Fastest Growing Companies (Top 100), Profit Magazine’s Fastest Growing Companies (Top 500), City of Burnaby’s Sustainability Award and The Canadian Health Food Association’s Sustainability Award.
Why Work with Left Coast Naturals?
Our values are exemplified by the range of employee benefits we offer which include:
- Life Balance and Vacation Benefits including flexible works schelhedules, retirement transition program, flex days for personal use and paid time off between Christmas and New Year’s.
- Extended Health Benefits
- RRSP Matching Program
- Performance Bonuses
- Paid Community Service Days
- Environmental Cash Incentives for cycling or walking to work, taking public transportation, carpooling, buying organic groceries, making environmental improvements to households, buying a bicycle and car co-op membership, etc.
- Training and Professional Development
- Purchase Discounts and Samples
- Massage - complimentary on-site monthly massage
- Weekly group circuit training/boot camp in our on-site gym
- Healthy organic breakfast program
- Company Sponsored Social Activities
Quality Assurance Technician
The Quality Control Technologist reports to the Technical Services Manager, the QC Technologist is responsible for ensuring that all products manufactured and distributed are in accordance with internal, regulatory, and customer quality management systems. The QC Technician will be challenged to provide technical and scientific support on the manufacturing floor. QC Technician may be asked to support multiple projects concurrently.
- Design, implement, maintain, monitor and improve HAACP program
- Monitor CCP’s and QA check points – quality checks dictated by customer requirements
- Write, review and monitor SOP’s and SSOP’s
Monitoring of production to ensure adherence to company quality standard
- Problem solving & trouble shooting of product quality issues
Assist in investigating product quality, foreign matter, and food borne illness complaints
- Perform mock recalls annually, Identify weakness and provide solutions
- Perform Internal audit on a monthly bases for production and warehouse, provide corrective actions
- Testing equipment standardization, maintenance, calibration and record keeping
- Review daily lot coding for all ingredients used for production and other related tasks to ensure product traceability
- Send out, at set frequency, finished product and environmental plates; swabs etc. for micro trending
- Documentation, record keeping and file maintenance
- Sensory evaluation of ingredients and finished products as necessary
- Assist in R&D projects as necessary
- Maintain pest control program and procedures
- Perform misc. tasks as required
- 3-5 years of food industry experience
- B.Sc. or college diploma in Food Science or related fields Technology or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of HACCP, Prerequisite Programs, and GMP’s
- Knowledge of CFIA regulations
Computer skills and experience with Microsoft
Ability to work with other staff and management
- Ability to multi-task and work in a highly organized fashion with attention to detail and accuracy
To submit a cover letter and resume for this opening, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of responses, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. We thank all those who apply.
- Accurately pick items from warehouse rack locations to fulfill Customer Orders
- Notify Warehouse Team Lead for items in incorrect rack locations so that system can be updated
- Maintain warehouse in a clean and orderly manner - empty garbage, sweeps aisles and stage shipping area daily as required
- Follow company policies and procedures
- Follows all safety procedures to ensure a safe working environment while on the job for yourself and your fellow employees
- Provide a professional environment in relation to fellow team members, other department members and external customers
- Perform other duties as assigned by Team Lead or Operations Manager
- High school diploma
- 3 months to 1 year experience in a warehouse environment required
- Current or expired motorized pallet jack license
- Basic math skills
Reliable, dependable and demonstrates the ability to follow directions
- Able to read, write, and speak English fluently
- Able to work in a team setting, in a positive manner, as well as alone
- Able to lift up to 30 lbs on a regular basis, 50 lbs sporadically
- Able to multitask
Good organizational skills
- Flexible to work overtime and or weekends when required
- Able to work in a busy environment and at a quick pace
This position reports directly to the Operations Manager. To submit a cover letter and resume for this opening, please email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume stating your wage expectations.
Are you a label reader? Do you care about Non-GMO, organic and high quality food products? Do you like to know the story behind your food? We are looking for an enthusiastic, sustainable minded and health conscious individual to represent Hippie Snacks as well as the other Left Coast Naturals brands at various locations across Western Canada as independent contractors. This is a fun and flexible part time opportunity.
Note: We are currently looking for Brand Ambassadors in the Victoria, Whistler, Squamish, Kelowna, Calgary and Toronto regions.
- Sample various LCN products at retail locations
- Be an expert on the products, industry standards and brands
- Actively engage customers with products and information
- Achieve sales goals and targets
- Fill out demo reports and invoices
- Pick up/order demo supplies and material
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demo or sales experience
- Food Safe Certificate & proof of Hep A vaccination
- Flexible schedule and availability to work evenings/weekends
- Flexible and committed to complete online training/readings
- Available to demo on a regular basis
- Computer literate; able to input sales into excel
- Nutrition Certification, Certified Holistic Nutritionist or Health Educator a huge bonus
- An interest in wellness and natural lifestyle is a plus
- Willing to demo hot food as well as products containing gluten, peanuts, tree nuts and gluten
To submit a cover letter and resume for this opening, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of responses, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. We thank all those who apply.
We're always interested in hearing from good people. Feel free to reach out to email@example.com.
Left Coast Naturals has been named one of Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers. This competition recognizes small and medium enterprises that lead the nation in creating exceptional workplaces with forward-thinking human resource policies.
Learn more about why we were chosen.